Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Monday, September 12, 2011

#GBE2: The Blog–One Year Ago

One Year Ago
One year ago, I'll bet you had never heard of "Catch My Words." Although I started this blog in July of 2009, my posts were infrequent and ignored. In reality, my blog didn't actually take off until the A-Z Challenge in April 2011. Last year at this time, I'd received under three-hundred hits total and had as many followers as I could count on one hand.

I also posted sporadically. Looking back to last year, I had posted once in August and once in September. The September post, an editor's writing contest, received zero comments. After that, I didn't post anything until November–Colonoscopy This too received zero comments, even though it used a slight bit of humor. If no one reads my post, is it still funny?

Now I post about three to four times a week and get over 200 hits each day. My latest stats show 8,791 hits in August, which was more than I received in 2009 and 2010 combined. One day in August, I received a record number of hits: 529. Since then, I've broken 400 many times.

Click here to learn more.

My traffic just about doubled once I joined Entrecard. If you're not a member, you should check it out!

And of course I love votes on the Picket Fence. Thanks!

12 comments:

Rhonda @Laugh Quotes said...

I thought I would answer: "If no one reads my post, is it still funny?" YES - if you wrote it chances are it is funny. Thanks for getting me in to entrecard.

Catch My Words said...

Thanks, Rhonder. I guess I need to link that old, ignored post.

Mojo Writin said...

Hey, funny lady, I just awarded you the Liebster Blog award. Come get it ;o)

Russ said...

Entrecard does help alot. I also use adgitize. It pays for itself. Of course I post daily. I don't worry about traffic or anything else. I am having fun and that is all I am looking for. Keep smiling Joyce. You make us.

Sandee said...

I've met a lot of folks through Entrecard and we've become on-line friends. Entrecard can be a lot of work at times, but it's worth it.

Have a terrific day. :)

Amy McMunn said...

This is very inspirational to me. I just started blogging in March, and I have no clue, really, what I'm doing. I'd love to increase my traffic, which I thought was *okay* until I saw these numbers. WOW!

lol. "If no one reads my post is it still funny?" lololol!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it takes a while for a blog to hit off the way you want it to. I know for me I barely blog at one site, so I know it's hard for me to develop readers.

Steven said...

I get disgruntled about no one reading my blog too, then I remember I post so sporadically and am less than reciprocal when it comes to commenting on others' blogs. To get it, ya gotta give it.

Jo said...

I haven't missed a blog you have posted since I started blogging here. I'm not concerned too much about the actual numbers, but it is nice to know SOMEONE is interested in your stuff! lol

Keep up the great work, we all love it.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have come a long way!! Congratulations on your success!

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com/

Catch My Words said...

Thanks for the comments! I broke my record today with 573 hits.

Anonymous said...

I get lots of hits on my blog, too. I'd like to see a boatload of comments, but for now, I'm happy to be getting a steady stream of traffic.