Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Sunday, January 8, 2017

#MM 50s in My Head

I've volunteered to be part of a performance of several fifties songs and have been attempting to learn the words by listening to the music in my car. My poodle skirt is ordered, and we have a couple of weeks to pull the show together. Here's a sample of some of the songs we will perform. We do not sing the entire songs, just small snippets.









10 comments:

Rhonda Albom said...

Sounds like it's going to be a fun show.

Cathy Kennedy said...

Joyce, there's something magical and fun about the 50s. Maybe, it's because it's before my time or maybe it's because it's just era of innocence. Sounds like y'all have an excellent mewsic theme. Best of luck and enjoy the fun. Thanks for sharing and linking with the 4M crew. Have a good week!

XmasDolly said...

Oh, wow how fun! Good luck at your show and you'll be fine learning these songs. I know them already because my brother (six years older than me) that was his era & he loved to sing... I was his guinea pig to sing too & learn to jitter bug with, but actually we were quite good. God, I miss him. He passed away of a heart attack at the young age of 44. He was the bestest brother in the whole world. Anyway, good luck with you play, and oh yesterday was Elvis Presley's birthday... only reason I know it's because it was my dad's birthday too. Have a rockin' week my friend thanks for sharing & bringing up some great memories for me. hugs

stevebethere said...

Oh brilliant good luck with it hope all goes well nothing like singing some pldies these are ideal :-)

Binky said...

The fifties are nifty! You need to arrive in a style in a '59 Caddy.

John Holton said...

Good luck with the show, and try not to bust out laughing on "boogity, boogity, boogity shoo."

mail4rosey said...

Ha, I bet it's going to be as fun for you guys as it will be for the audience!

Lux G. said...

I wish some old songs come back. They're catchy and fun.

An Apel a Day said...

I want to see the photo of you in you in your poodle skirt.

I just love Elvis.

Colette S said...

I wouldn't mind being apart of that fun event! Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing.