Catch My Products

Catch My Products
Click on the image to visit Catch My Products.

My humorous thoughts about life.

"My Humorous and Helpful Thoughts About Teaching / Educational Resources for Your Classroom / Music and Random Fun"

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Silly Sunday: Remembering Uncle Bernard

Elvis with Uncle Bernard

This week brought the passing of my husband's uncle, who not only was the clothier of the king, but also funny enough to be memorialized on a silly Sunday. Uncle Bernard marched to the beat of his own band as he put on his relaxed accent. He could speak to the homeless man on the street or Katie Couric with equal comfort.

Bernard Lansky, a master sales person, once called his son and told him to come to the store because he'd just sold the son's car. In a New York restaurant, Bernard didn't see anything he liked on the menu, so he asked the waiter for a peanut butter sandwich. The waiter said, "We don't have any peanut butter."

In which Bernard replied, "Run down to the 7-Eleven and get some."

With mouth dropping the waiter said, "I could get fired.

Bernard pulled out a huge wad of cash, gave it to the waiter, and said, "You now work for me."

"Smooth or crunchy?" the waiter said.



Bernard Lansky will be missed!



8 comments:

Binky said...

He was a relative? I saw a story about him in the paper.

Catch My Words said...

My father-in-law's older brother

Rhonda said...

Sorry for your loss, but it is a wonderful tribute to what sounds like a very funny man. Is that really him with Elvis? Thanks for linking up at Silly Sunday :)

stevebethere said...

LOL love it I must try that.

Sad news sorry to hear Joyce

mail4rosey said...

Colorful characters make the world more fun. :) I'm sorry about your husband's uncle. It sounds like he was fun to be around.

Catch My Words said...

Oh, yes. He was very close to Elvis and many other celebrities. Articles about Uncle Bernard's death appeared in newspapers around the world. Furthermore, when Elvis died, Mitchell was offered a seat in the limo. I'm sure if Elvis were still alive, I would have met him too. Elvis died before I became a Lansky.

Theresa Mahoney said...

Uncle Bernard sounded like a real firecracker! I bet there was never a dull moment around him! Sorry for your loss. I am sure he will be missed by many.

Unknown said...

That is so neat! What a cool picture as well, I'm a new follower and would love if you stopped by.

http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

Feel free to follow back